Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SWAP fine print

ok, so i actually read the rules on the Sewing with a Plan thingading. According to the official boss lady, I'm supposed to make 4 items twice, they're all supposed to coordinate with each other, and it's all supposed to be done by April 30. Hmm. I guess I already said I wasn't trying to Win, so I have to reiterate that for my own self. It sure will get me rolling for Me Made May!

shimmer cheapo knit
so. here are the things i'll make twice.
   
Blouse or shirt    
1- ooops i forgot the plan and started cutting a burda style blouse (from the book) last night.

2 - sleeved sorbetto out of my uganda fabric in honor of that ridiculous viral video. 

T-Shirt
1- brown lace!  made some good progress on this last night. how to finish the neckline, though??

2- renfrew cowl neck in brown/gold knit. it's cheap fabric, but whatever!
watercolor!


Dress 
1- pretty watercolor cotton (right) with purple underlining. (burda style dress)
 
2- silk dress for Anj's wedding. look how it shines! or a cinnamon slip.
     
Skirt  
1-  this in watercolor too?  (burda style from the book)

2- pencil skirt. I think I'll sign up for another craftsy class and make a pencil skirt with Diana Rupp. maybe denim or something MEGA versatile.

underthings aren't on the list, but they really build a wardrobe, so how about i make my own category for undies?
1 - cinnamon cami
2 - panties from my own design
3 - slip - maybe the ruby, since i have it printed at home...
4 - bloomers! this is for when i'm drunk and want to have a party.  

ok hugs and kisses and sewing til 2am.
bex

No comments: