at home and feeling put together for a day with a book and coffee
Or for "read all day" at school, when you're told to wear pajamas. (I swapped in sweatpants for the shorts, for obvious reasons.)
the top took ages
the "piping", bias tape I made from a failed floral dress and which makes the most beautiful color transitions, took For. Ever.
they're super lovely.
thanks for another beaut, heather!
also, on pricing- when another canadian designer released her PJ pants for $18 i gagged. This is a much more involved pattern with a lower price tag. I appreciate it.
for next time:
this version is a straight size 8. its snug around the hips (???) and sizing up would probably work well for comfort level. the jeans were a 10 that i took in 3 times and these are an 8 that's a bit snug. different needs for different items, i guess?
also, order of operations- sew the piping on everything first. pocket, lapels, collar, sleeve ends, leg ends. i think that would keep the seam allowances /piping /biastape reveal even throughout. i wobbled a bit as i had cut my bias tape a skosh too narrrow and couldn't remember exactly the SA to use. no one will notice, but it would have been simpler to do all the "piping" first.
the shorts/pants pockets are nice...lets see how they hold a phone. i love my butt pocket on most jams because i know it won't accidentally dump into the dishwater.
the top took ages
the "piping", bias tape I made from a failed floral dress and which makes the most beautiful color transitions, took For. Ever.
they're super lovely.
thanks for another beaut, heather!
also, on pricing- when another canadian designer released her PJ pants for $18 i gagged. This is a much more involved pattern with a lower price tag. I appreciate it.
for next time:
this version is a straight size 8. its snug around the hips (???) and sizing up would probably work well for comfort level. the jeans were a 10 that i took in 3 times and these are an 8 that's a bit snug. different needs for different items, i guess?
also, order of operations- sew the piping on everything first. pocket, lapels, collar, sleeve ends, leg ends. i think that would keep the seam allowances /piping /biastape reveal even throughout. i wobbled a bit as i had cut my bias tape a skosh too narrrow and couldn't remember exactly the SA to use. no one will notice, but it would have been simpler to do all the "piping" first.
the shorts/pants pockets are nice...lets see how they hold a phone. i love my butt pocket on most jams because i know it won't accidentally dump into the dishwater.







1 comment:
These look LOVELY! That piping was totally worth it! The ease thing is something I've given a lot of thought to. I wanted the PJs to fit on the slim side since I hate baggy ones but I think for some people they may feel oddly slim.... they have 2.5" inches of ease in the hip and baggy pajamas generally have 3-4. The Gingers just come down to personal preference and the denim used. Anyway, I am hearing all this and am assimilating it for next time ;)
Post a Comment