Monday, March 12, 2012

Focus: SWAP 2012

okay, Stitcher's Guild folksters, I'm in for the SWAP. I need a plan for all of these pretty things!

Here's the list of their suggestions.Is it a contest or a sew along? I don't have any pretensions of winning anything in sewing, so I'll think of it as a support group.

The setup is to choose any seven garments from this list. Here are my chosen:

Button Down Shirt w/Collar       
Uganda fabric, thanks Lola!
1) Blouse or shirt  yes please. I'll make a Sorbetto with sleeves out of my pretty green floral cotton (hopefully in time to post it on Sew Weekly for the St Patrick's day Green challenge!)            
2) T-Shirt out of brown lace!  I may have had a little fun at the Silk Road this weekend...     
Vest                           
3) Overshirt  I'm going to make this one for the little guy...obsessed with the "Luka hoodie" in here. (but crap, follow that link and you'll see they're doing a sew-along for the linen shirt...and I scored some nice blue linen last week for $1. so maybe a different overshirt....)               
4) Dress  pretty watercolor cotton with purple underlining. (burda style dress)      
$5 silk wooohoo
  4a) silk dress for Anj's wedding... If I get my chops up by the end of April, I'll take this on for May.
Jeans (pshaw)
Trousers (who cares about pants! all i want is dresses and boots.)  
Shorts or Capri Pants     
5) Skirt  maybe this iw watercolor too? I can't remember (burda style again)
6) Jacket (jean jacket, windbreaker, hoodie, etc.)  sewing along with Gertie for a "Starlet Suit Jacket"...in wool
Coat  (suit or sport coat)
7) Overcoat or Raincoat   Check!
8, optional) Bathing Suit & Coverup we'll see how it's going. If I am cranking 'em out and have a moment and a great pattern, I'll work a coverup for beach week with my family.

And we're off!                            



No comments: