![]() |
| thirty...whatnow? (yes, i'm lying in this photo) |
I bought 3 new pairs of jeans and called it a warkrobe. (hows that for a terrible word no one will ever use?)
but ugh! I am an adult! And I want to look like one and I want to be treated like one except when it means people call me ma'am.
I'm working on it, one piece at a time. I've decided that it's high quality items, not wearing pumps and dress pants, that will be my technique. As long as i work at that college and make peanuts for a salary, I'm going to have to use elbow grease and my lil elna to close the gap.
side note: I tried this mail order stylist service for a while, but their stuff was not super high quality and too trend chasey to pull off in the hallowed research halls (a good friend who works in fashion loves it! so if you have a better place to wear stuff, use that link, it's fun!).
![]() |
| Gene pool. |
Conclusion: I can keep wearing t shirts, though I am working on upgrading their fabric. And i can wear my new favorite skirt (which is a pencil skirt from old barfy, please don't hate i already have enough guilt about it -- if i keep my hair did and my accessories gleaming, and know that I am Done Up and high five, lady. I can also add blazers like the one I'll start any day i swear.
and so, i just bought $99 worth of sparkly bobby pins and tights and big ol earrings from anthrobarfogie. because the sparkle is an important part of the equation!
Did i just write this whole post to explain away shopping at work? maybe. but i also wanted to articulate the Wardrobe Project that's going on, too! ok. luv. xo


2 comments:
I came to check out your blog after you commented on mine, and this post made me laugh. I'm originally from SF and went to Cal, but now I live in NYC. People here dress up all the time! I miss the very casual end of things sometimes, though it is fun to be able to dress up and not feel out of place.
haha thanks for visiting! Usually the california style works perfectly for me, but every now and gain, i would like to wear a darling pump without hearing a feminist critique ;)
Post a Comment