Thursday, March 29, 2012

lingerie challenge begins

i finally chopped up a thrifted slip and turned it into a cami and half slip. here's another horrible photo.

i used some crazy embroidery thread that i bought 100 years ago and rips like a bitch. but i'm really trying to test tension and thread the machine right, so it was a challenge i was up for. stuck it on some ruffly stretch elastic i bought a year ago when i started dreaming about making lingerie.

isn't it pretty? we'll put up with torture if things are pretty enough. i think that's a dating principle.

Wiggles do not trouble me!

Now that that's settled, I'm SO excited to be digging in to the Colette patterns I bought last week. So last night i stayed up late:
v. sweet. TOO sweet.
I cut Cinnamon (free [silk?], thanks Mena!) and Sencha (free plaid! thanks SW Meetup!)...And I'm taking care, yada yada. Should have taken a photo of my bias-cut pieces resting on my dress form, as I really follow those instructions.I may stick in a contrasting bodice front/band. that green is pretty, but all dressed up on ladyfriend, it looks a little bland.

I promise to show you later tonight!xoxo




No comments: