Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SWAP Update...again

Sewing With a Plan! I can do that. Just....sometimes the plan will shift. 
so- italics are old decisions, when they remain.
regular type means New Plan.
strikethough is for old decisions which have changed, and
DONE means I'm a star. :)

Blouse or shirt    
DONE- Burda blouse in Green, (+edited in post-production!)

Something silk. YES. I bought a lot of silk last month. So either the Burda blouse again --with different sleeves for interest-- or the Banksia, which is darling and feminine and seems to have a better fit than ol Sencha.
v neck renfrew...cute shape, terrible fabric

sleeved sorbetto out of my uganda fabric in honor of that ridiculous viral video.

T-Shirt
DONE brown lace


renfrew cowl neck in brown/gold knit. I am hesitating like crazy on this because the fabric is so terrible. I've actually completed a renfrew V neck- see?...but i want a nice drapey top. Still looking for the right pattern...so

2- nice drapey top :)


Dress 
DONE cinnamon slip

2- pretty watercolor cotton "easter" dress...is underway!
 
3- black and white GINGHAM Darling Ranges. !!! Mena wore the most marvelous gingham number at the swap she hosted for us...and I decided I needed one too, though obviously in a more modern style.
renfrew cuffs...nice! (that's not me, btw)
     
Skirt  
2- pencil skirt. I think I'll sign up for another craftsy class and make a pencil skirt with Diana Rupp. maybe denim or something MEGA versatile (like corduroy!?).

DONE - pink half slip. I'm not really into skirts as separates right now (except pencil skirts). but once i finish #1, i'll have FOUR pencil skirts. Really? that's enough. so we're substituting a bit of lingerie which is wayyy more versatile. and makes me feel so Dressed and lovely.

this in watercolor too?  (burda style from the book)


underthings aren't on the list, but they really build a wardrobe, so how about i make my own category for undies?
1 - cinnamon cami

2 - panties from my own design
3 - slip - maybe the ruby, since i have it printed at home...
4 - bloomers!
   
i should be able to wrap it up by 4/30, right? hahahahahahhaha
xo bex

No comments: