Yay. sorry for the dumb title :) I sewed a lot this summer - and I like the way
Ms Peach summed up her makes, so I'm going to copy her, mirror pics and all!
 |
| a common view, for me - i wore my southport ALL the time. |
Delphi not-maxi dress
Again, changed out the straps - this time with ribbon because I was SOO lazy. I keep thinking I'll put some fabric on there, but nah. The dress is a little big, and maybe a little long, but won't ever be the cutest thing ever so i let it be what it is: easy to wear, preppy, cute, bra-revealing.
Linen Maritime Shorts
BEST EVER. I narrowed the leg by about 1" (at each side seam). I finished every darned edge with bias tape so they're just luscious inside, and used a button rather than the fastener suggested. They go with everything, look completely awesome, and have metallic thread details. I'd make a pair in every color of neutral-metallic linen ever. wink!
(I bought the brown here: http://www.fabricoutletsf.com/, more available online
here).
 |
| left - narrower leg. right - wider. |
Swims
remade a soma top with an FBA - FAIL. The
ripply seams were so horrible I just tore it apart and started over...after a tryout run at the river.
For my next try, I downloaded Simplicity 1374 from their site. I hadn't done that before, and while it means I paid a lot more, I didn't have to drive to the strip mall 2 towns over to get it at Jo-Ans...so in the end I call it a savings. The download is a little clunky - you have to install their file manager to make sure you don't steal/share whatever, but once I printed it it all went together fine.

The pattern is great. I sewed up a size 10/12 mash, grading out to around 14 + FBA for the bust, and it's supportive, attractive, and wayyyy comfortable. I wore the view B top with last year's Bombshell bottoms, and it was a total win in styling and comfort.

I made another one to match the shorty's (I bought
that fabric for myself, after all!) - but for my last vacation of the summer, we went to the Mendocino Coast. This is what that coast looks like:
 |
| i didn't make ANYTHING in this photo. Those are rarer and rarer moments... |
Here's what it looks like, anyway ;)
Jasper edit: maybe a size down? I took in the princess seams, shrunk the waist band, and that makes a lot of difference. Note to self: make a size 6 or smaller next time, and yes, a zipper up the front would be super...that was always my plan, after all...
 |
| pre-edits- i still feel dumpy in this, but now i think it's the color. |
It's for sale now! Here it is - another SOOOO easy to wear, so breezy and chill. Not much else to say there.
 |
| i used that ribbon a lot in my lazy moments! |
 |
| photo by 6 year old! thanks, kid. |
Tate Top
I made this last fall the second it came out and i loved it a lot...except it was always pulling around the bust. So i tried to do an FBA. (Is that the theme of my summer? perhaps..) and it just went huge. Anyway, another few rounds of edits and I ended up with the above, which is comfy and versatile and fits my chest well enough.
 |
| version the first...handed off to a friend, now. |
 |
| version 2 - dramatic difference? lol. |
If I had the right fabric I'd make these a thousand times. I LOVE THEM.
 |
| flat bottom girls unite |
 |
| coolest pockets |
 |
| so happy! |
For the fall (holy god this is a long post)
Sara Leggings in ponte. with golden ankle zippers cause WHY NOT MAN.
 |
| waistband zip, finished. |
Speaking of flat bottom girls - These are designed to be finished with a waistband facing, and that's all. Because the difference between my hips and waist is pretty minimal, I need something stronger to hold them up.
I used this trick on a knit version I wear for pjs, and it's super comfy, so I adopted it here. THE TRICK: Use 2-inch elastic instead of the facing. take your waist and remove ~20%. Stitch the elastic to the right side of the pants, just within the 3/8" seam allowance. Then stitch next to the zipper to secure it down, and they're like cozy lounge pants that look outstanding, professional, legging trousers.
 |
waistband zip inside. It would be neater to get the zip ends underneath. next time!
Triple stitch along the sides - just for the look. |
 |
| ankly zips too. |
I'll add action shots of the whole leggings....one day.
Holy! Is that enough?! I have a much smaller list of ambition for fall. I can't wait to see what you're making and wearing !
xoxo
R
No comments:
Post a Comment