I needed a dress for a 3pm wedding.
Still-unfinished Georgina was not going to allow dancing. I woke up with this vision, and I skipped lunch, but I bought, printed, cut and sewed this dress in time.
This thing is SUPER FAST. And REALLY GOOD FOR DANCING.

ok i'll stop with the caps. It's good to have a flashy belt, otherwise there's just a bunch of fabric overwhelming you (i used rayon jersey, so it was a bit heavy in its simple glamour).

One modification: i wanted to wear a bra. So i made 1" fabric tubes and ran some 1" twill tape through there to support it.

Then I slipped those straps in the inverted Vs at the top of the bodice (the bodice is doube layered, allowing that lovely swing, so it's easy to hide the stitching). Secure! strong! bra-friendly.

go get it if you like nice things: Named Clothing Delphi Maxi Dress


1 comment:
Great dress! And happy that you had fun dancing in it!
Post a Comment