I'm doing a lot of dating in 2007. I'm dating a bizarre and fascinating cross section of the US population, putting into practice the old "keep your options open" adage. What's most important to me, I realized, is a series of spiritual/relational characteristics, so in future months I'll provide (hilarious, I hope, or at least amusing) profiles of the weirdos who've shared my space. I also expect I'll keep on finding new ones!
Tonight I'm going for the old standard: white guy, early 30s, artist type, irreverent, chatty. There's no such thing as an old standard for me though, is there? Your comments are appreciated. And so- the field testing continues. Tonight I'm hoping for a home run. heh.
This, just because I think it's funny.
The Awkwardness Survival Guide
Out of habit, you end a phone conversation with "I love you" when not talking to your significant other.
Have no fear: your friend or colleague will probably assume that they heard you wrong, that you were joking, or that you simply misspoke. Calling back and insisting that you didn't mean to tell them you loved them will only make you seem desperate, creepy and cowardly, and the other party will assume that you really are secretly in love with them.
If you're concerned that your colleague took the comment wrong and believes that you're in love with them, you can easily cover your tracks by ending every telephone conversation with "I love you" for the rest of your life. Who knows: you might even get an "I love you" or two back!
i love you!
R
No comments:
Post a Comment