Friday, April 05, 2013

dream job- for the treats.

Do you read Ohh Lulu? Does a girl like lingerie, I should ask. or Does my bf enjoy iPad racing games? (YES.)
that's my man. 
Anyway, reading about Lulu setting up her office with her buddy this month has made me think about how much I would like to write and offer my services to her- or someone like her. I love that kind of job, where someone else is the boss and is really cool and creative, and I have to do all of the little things to make the business run better, then I get paid :). I suppose Holly is also that person...is there some small creative company in the Bay that needs a Girl Friday? Because I am available Fridays, and could use the extra cash!

I've actually been working like this, freelance, catch as catch can (is that right? what a strange phrase) for another business in town, for almost 10 years now. It's great, I work a little bit here and there and it keeps me in cute shoes, for the most part. And my boss is great, and I work with a tiny network of other creative people freelancing for extra bucks, and it's a cool connection.

much femme-ier in real life. leather like butter. 
Sure would be cool to link that to the sewing crafting making world. Because as much as I can make all of my workout clothes and underpanties and t shirts for my kid, the thing about sewing, is that you still need shoes. In fact, you need cute shoes to bring your cool outfits together. Like the World's Simplest Maxi, which I'm sorry but I still have not photographed but am wearing right this second, is lovely. it is flattering and stylish and sexy without being skeeezer, and it needs nice shoes to bring it to adulthood.
for instance, oxfords. 
Anyway. just a quick meditation on the dream job, and the life that allows a 2-day a week "job" to be enough working for a mom and a creative type. 

I've been sewing bunches, but am getting more self conscious about my crappy photos...we'll see if the man will help with some shots manana. He does such a good job, doesn't he ?

And if you're in the Bay and need a little bookeeping/organization/order fulfillment, do give a holler! 

xo 
bex

1 comment:

Meg said...

I heard Cotton and Curls is looking for an assistant, and she just moved to SF!