Monday, April 29, 2013

Voila la BellaDarling (Darlingdone?)

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted!! Guess what I made?  It's a challis thing. hahaha i love challis.



I mish mashed the bust flattering Darling Ranges bodice and the pockets and coolio flair of the Belladone.
you could totally see my bra if my arm weren't there. wah wah.
It was a massive pain, the skirt is off center, and the dress is, well, kind of dumpy in the rear. :(
hi low hem? why not. 
that is Olive the Benefit dog. love her. 
but it is verrry comfortable....
where is my waist? ?? ? can you find it? 
and it is eaassssy to play in!  i even dressed it up tonight with some heel-ish sandals and lipstick for a glass of wine with my new favorite sewing neighbor Meg!

So i think it's a win, but, as she and I discussed, different fabrics do yield very different results. So my lightweight, but my crisper poplin-like Belladone looks like a distant cousin to this super drapey rayon challis version.

That is the way it goes, chickens.

catch! 
NOW FOR SOME BUSINESS. It's almost
 !!!!

soooooo

I, Rebecca G of the superstardom at superstarbecca, pledge to wear me made goodies 4 times a week. I want to make it 5, or everyday, but seeing more seasoned sewists pledge so sensibly makes me think I might  be served to listen to their wisdom. Four days a week! I hope to wear more than unders, but me-made unders will do in a pinch.

Yippee! No flakeys like last year- I had just gotten a crazy sewing bug, and then had to abandon ship almost immediately when "life" and a career change intervened. I'm looking forward to success this year!

xoxox
bex

No comments: