Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Laurel draft and black and white submission cause why not?

Yall, i made a Laurel. it's a top, it's modest, it's challis. It's pretty dope but the darts are a little high. I am writing this blog while i preview videos for my teaching performance portfolio and I am having terror about if my students read this. whatever, they'd be bored quickly enough, right?
musing, dreamy, excess headroom 
here she is: Laurel test case, shown here with my atrocious photos and various efforts at styling, posing, and editing. aaahh!

casual, businesslike. meta. 
 friends, the dart is too high for my full mom boobs. can you tell? go ahead, stare below.
crazed picmonkey makeup and text!

 the back fits soooo nicely. and no fasteners OR stretch fabric required?! sarai did some magic on this one. 
fancy: the dual purpose fabric close up and back shot.
I was going to make 800 dresses and tops when I first saw the pattern. Then i saw this and got obsessed with lace. and underwear....
avante garde high contrast!
short story: I AM STUCK about what other versions to make. I need a meetup. Maybe a fabric swap to get the inspiration moving again...are you in!?

xo 
bex 

No comments: