Wednesday, June 06, 2007

how berkeley can we be

Returning from my 12-step meeting, i walked into a room choking with the aroma of weed, yet somehow visibly clear. I tried to chat but couldn't breathe. I quickly scuttled to the kitchen. Carlo followed not far behind.

"What's your rising sign?"
"Taurus."
[Carlo nods, returns to the smoke]

I came back to photograph the scene-- because this is real life?
  • Carlo stands (in front of a chair), flipping through a magazine.
  • Xianna sits, starting sentences, asking questions, saying she looks like she's from the 60s from the swoosh of her hair.
  • The Smash grins ahead
  • Zaz text messages a friend in Napa. for 10 minutes. one text message.
  • and the Jus, of course, strums the guitar on the floor. nevermind that KALX is playing folk music in the next room.
if only the reflection of me as photographer would show- i stood in the doorway for a good few minutes, trying to get a nighttime exposure to work.

ah, berkeley.

No comments: