Have I mentioned yet how much I LOVE MY CSA? I LOVE IT. I've had "farm boxes" before, as everyone knows, and you may remember me desperately trying to send you home with a pound or four of tomatoes or potatoes at some point. I remember a veggie basket in the pantry @ highfive house that was always holding a pound or two of sprouting potatoes. This box from Eatwell Farm is different. There's always a mix of veggies and fruits - strawberries, cherries, & apples, so far, and greens- baby lettuces, "stir fry mix," cabbages (so far THREE different kinds), roots and herbs. HERBS! ok, we used to get basil by the bushel, but these herbs vary.
We have gotten a lot of parsley. If anything, it's the only thing we've OD'ed on. but we've also gotten lemon balm (YUM), basil (just the right amount!) and rose geranium. I expect we'll get lavender, too, because the farm is AKA "Lavender Farm." WTF is rose geranium? Rose Geranium and Lavender are cosmetic herbs! The only point of them is that they smell good and you can put em in your hair/makeup/lotion. and of course, your tea. I love it. Get your own, bitches. It's only 60 miles away! Or come over on Wednesday for the freshest pickins. YUMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment