Wednesday, May 16, 2007

keepin it fresh: whale watching


Here are two tasty news bites for you. I think they're interesting because they are vaguely related and both interrupted the haze that usually covers me when I read news stories. Blah blah musharref attorneys peshawar huh? Even Britney doesn't break through anymore.

But these two did: One relates to why we're so cold, us people, and what warms us, or opens us, at least as the wallet goes. I did some morality test online once (here's an example) that told me I had a primitive morality: I am interested in helping people who are close to me, or who I know, to the neglect of faraway problems. (all politics is local? Anyone?) But I'm not alone!

So the headline of that article is "People Only Want To Help One Person." What's interesting to me is how concerned I've become about two whales.

Local & large scale (but small quality) means my neanderthal heart & mind get it. Are you following these guys too?

No comments: