Monday, June 30, 2014

How far does your yardage go?

I'm pretty cheap. Let's just get that out there. I could say frugal or treehugging, but cheap is truer.

I'll drop $$$ on a nice glass of wine, fresh cherries, even a ridiculous artisanal hot dog (oh Bay Area). But I save money almost everywhere else by being CHEAP. I also don't like waste.  

SO- I've been obsessed with nebula fabric ever since I saw this: 
http://geekologie.com/2014/04/scarfs-printed-with-images-from-hubble-s.php

Aah!!! Gorgeous!! I thought about buying a scarf to sew with...and then about Spoonflower...but no, those are not in my price range. But Girl Charlee, she knows my style. Some of their fabrics are kind of crappy. We should get that out there. This might turn out that way...but for now I'm showing you how much outfit I squeezed out of two yards of magnficently printed nebula fabric.

Piece 1: everyday tee from Meg McElwee. Why is everyone releasing t shirt patterns right now? This is the best one and you get a craftsy class with it. Win!!

Piece 2: signe dress!! As I was cutting the tee shirt I realized that this soft amazig fabric needed to be a dress I could wear every day this summer. Ta daaa:
Maria Denmark's signe dress!!
Piece 3: Then I made matching undies. They're  soft and lacy and undies! Zoe's is close, but I made this pattern from a fave rtw pair.

Piece 4?? Nope :(

It obviously pays to have some TNT patterns around. And notions. But that's what you get for 3 years of obsessive stitching, and yeehaw!

What's your record for items/yard??

1 comment:

Lindsay X said...

I want nebula undies! X