Saturday, June 22, 2013

funnel neck renfrew "hoodie" of LOVE

I've had this great green funnel neck zip up since summer 2008. I wore it to the inauguration, and i wear it constantly cause it's dope! 

i looked forever for a pattern for anything like it. no such luck.

THEN I GOT PONTE FEVER. and found this on Fabric.com. WHUT. (no link, it's sold out. sorry luvs)

it's so dope! then i deployed my mad skillz of improvisation and cutting and made this puppy.

I used the old Renfrew as a basis, with long sleeves and cowl neck. Took in the cowl 5 or so inches at the top and maybe some height too, then lined it with an even smoother and lovely rayon ponte. just so that snuggly neck is soft as possible.
 throw in a copied kangaroo pocket, and it's on! (my expert pattern matching makes it invisible, but trust me)

 whooppee!

New favorite happening of the summer- SHORTS! Living in the Bay Area, I have had the same two pairs of shorts in my closet for maybe 10 years. They come out for maybe an annual camping trip or east coast visit each year, so replacing them hasn't been a high priority. But now! now I wear shorts once a week at least! It's The Best. Summertime!!!!


shazaam, ya'll. what are you wearing?

No comments: