Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer recap

First things first: We have a home. There will be a legit sewing corner, and soon. wellllll maybe in two weeks.

Secondy- I sewed a lot this summer. I even taught sewing (Sorry, Cation, that I never followed up. You are awesome- let's do it next summer)!

I am going to catalog the things in photograph form, and one day maybe I'll write more about them.
Improv outfit: 1/2 yard mini skirt from a bargain lot and navy ponte number that ROOLZ.
my Moss muslin i loved it so - except it had no stretch because it was upholstery fabric. 
I may try again and just size up. i love the wood and the yoke and ah! 

(removed for modesty: tiger running shorts and matching tigress sports bra)

i wear this tiny pocket tank constantly. i added darts in the back (borrowed from the Laurel). 

this is the face which captures the 4 month process on this Hummingbird skirt. It's great now, but i measured myself like a pro and the thing was 6 inches too big everywhere. anyway, i'll make more now that i know the secret. 
where's the zipper? it's ACTUALLY invisible. progress! 
mustache hat! reverses to match everything blue and linen. 


get the pattern! it's free! 
plus lots of flashback skinny ts and some improvised crazy kid pants OHH and i finally made a Zephyr dress for the lil girl in my (summer) house. cute enough dude!
sneaky tiny pocket before the darts. seriously, EVERY DAY with this one. 

panties too. unfortunately, you can see them below.

Lace pocket? yessir. I also made the maxi. so slinky. 
oh snap! stripes! also ponte. focus on the ponte top. :)

School starts next week - watch for a teacher wardrobe update soon!

xoxoxoxoxo
R


No comments: