Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FO: Eyelet blouse

I made another peplum top.
it's cute.

it's hecka tight around the waist, but it stretched out by dinnertime (I assume I didn't get thinner over the day, so this is my explanation. Maybe it was the wine changing my perception, though?)
plenty spacious after some wine and (artisanal!) french fries. 
basics:
New Look 6130-  view A, with B sleeves
embroidered navy eyelet fabs $12
where did i get this fabulous green lawn? no clue. sorry, for all of us, because it is wonderfabric and i want it everywhere.
no notions but for thread!
what zipper?
best parts:
  • under/lining. I started off underlining this thingamajigger for basic modesty, but decided to traditional line it because i hate neck facings. it's so pretty inside. 
  • I also used french seams! way to remember something! I've been thinking, usually about 80% into a project "OH DAMN! I wanted to use french seams instead of this janky half assed fake seam finishing technique i usually use (please send a serger, love ya)!" By then it's usually too late. But no! I remembered! did i mention the pretty insides?
  • using a pattern twice! That's a TNT quest undertaken. it's not a versatile enough pattern to be tnt for reals, but it is quite different from the other version i made. 
  • i raided my bf's thread stash for matching thread. i  luv my bf. he has thread?!? and he's so hot. 
green underlining for modesty and style
what do i want to fix when i make this again:
  • find zipper foot (i hoped to follow the zipper directions on this version, but couldn't find my damn zipper foot. Since I just bought that thing (ok, like a month ago), I wanted to use it, not my regular zipper foot blerg technique. f$^& it, i said again (like last time), "NO ZIPPER!" now if that bf makes fun of me when i wiggle in & out of it, i just yell "Where is my invisible zipper foot?!?!?!?!" and he looks like I used to when my Italian boss would swear at me. But I'm joking. 
  • i actually do want to take in the pits and the back a bit. the V neck sags a little, which is MOLTO uncool since i am now teaching high school. taking in the pits and the upper back will just make it a better fit, no biggie. 
  • It might be fun to do it in another drapey fabric. i really like the way my challis version hangs. 
  • i have no idea if i pointed the pleats the right way. can you tell?
not while i'm twirling, you can't!
yippee! this weekend is me day, sewing day (Colette party day!). I aM SO EXCITED.

luv n kisses
r

No comments: