Monday, September 24, 2012

Colette party and why i'm trying again

So I went to the Colette party. It was fine. I saw a lot of people wearing Colette dresses.

things I learned:
  • These dresses provide a particular aesthetic 
  • That aesthetic is not exactly mine...
  • I am also not a big fan of dresses out of quilting cotton (though yours was extra cute, Nicole!). 
  • The samples are made from fabric types (silk, slinky poly), that I rarely see home sewists use in their Colette creations. that's why this dress is so dope:  
  • I scrutinized the Sencha sample, and am going to try to work that one again. I also saw a cute version in action (on an actual person) so I have the faith again!
  • I also grabbed the Anise from the sample rack and tried it on. WOO! I want a short jacket, and it's a good time to get motivated with a sewalong. 
are you supposed to touch the samples? xlnt.
I plan to make it up in this gnarly (free) olive wool I have downstairs as a test case. It'll be useful if it works, and not a huge loss if it doesn't. 

Questions
  • Does Liberty quilting cotton = regular shirting cotton? something to consider. I love this stuff, and it's wayyyyy less benjamins than the nice stuff:
Red Garnett Cotton Craft Fabric

finally, i have this blog, where i sew and stuff? but i can't identify as a sewing blogger (because i don't do sH&t to build audience or community or whatever...plus of course I feel like a giant dork trying to befriend people whose projects I stalk and judge online) (who's honest? me). but innyways 1.0 points if you can name the one with the Look in this photo.
    lolz- hi Amy! 
See you at the SEWALONG?
xo 
bex

No comments: