Saturday, September 22, 2012

dressess forever!


I'm working on a dress for myself yippee! I've been daydreaming about this dress in this fabric for the past couple of weeks.  It's a me-made version of my favorite comfortable go anywhere dress.

But I've also been daydreaming about this one, in this fabric, for maybe longer?
 And this pattern has a big "easy" circle on the cover, and no style options- it is one way (praise the lord and retire the possibilities). So I made this muslin:
hmm.

somewhat snug for school


but pockets! 

this one's for you, boyfriend.



wonkety zipper for the muslin, no sweat. muffin top? sweat. 


pulling in between waist and hips. SO GLAD i tested this first. that is not a spot i usually have trouble with.  (laura mae, this pose is for you :)
those pockets are not supposed to puff. 

yes, the neck is too low.



it got comfier over time...
I put this piece in backwards, so it has this cute ruffle around it. woo!


holy crap it fits my back so sexily.

will it work to just raise the V this way? the shoulders are really flappy.

thought i should smile at least once. :)
 now what? muslin #2? or should i finally CUT THE IKAT???

tune in tomorrow to find out what happened. LOLS.

No comments: