I took the easiest route, and damn that made a difference: I bought the kit (it's sold out now but i think she's working on round 2?)! Threads, needles, great fabric, pattern, buttons, rivets, and zippers already picked out. Each of those pieces would have been A Decision and gawd I hate those.
I skipped some interfacing cause I was at my mom's house and she didn't have any.
MAMA DON'T CARE.
I cut a size 10 in the low waisted stovepipe version, cause those are my measurements. Then I took it in at least a size (added 1/4 to 1/2 inch on all seam allowances), and an extra 1/2" in the back crotch (my assets are more prominent up top). I'll start somewhere between 6-8 next time.
| flat butt adjustment STAT |
Then I skinnied the legs just cause.
Whoops, I broke mom's machine with the topstitching (and then left the next day sorry mom!), but my machine did just fine. (For my notes, tension up to 6 on topstitching thread.) I love flat felled seams! They're so champ-looking. High tens for professional looking insides.
How cool is this pocket fabric? Looks legit, right? Button = fun. as does Red thread! So fun. Bar Tacks, all kinds of things.
I feel like I have all the jeans I need for now, but still fabric for another pair. Maybe next fall, or once a pair I have wears out. At the same time, I'm trying to PURGE EXTRA CRAP from my world/life/tiny apartment/psyche, so making for the sake of making has no appeal.
Right now I'm really into the cigarette line, and LOVE my uniqlo jeans with the ankle zips, so if that keeps up I'll treat myself to another pair later in the year (assuming some other pair - Gap please - gives up their slot in my closet. hmm. i could just make that happen couldn't i. tangent!).
So do you agree, is it true? Am i a ninja? And what's your ninja skill, hmm??
xxoo 4eee
bex
1 comment:
Oh my gawd - love these! Please please wear them next time you come to a meetup! And I was considering sizing down for my next pair, and now you've convinced me. Sewing jeans for me has been a bit of a quest, but I think I'm getting closer!
Post a Comment