Tuesday, January 20, 2015

EDITING

The PURGE continues! I've dropped 1 bag of goodies at the Depot and 1 bag of kid stuff at Bananas. There's 1 bag each of books and clothes to donate in the car and 1 bag of clothes for resale waiting for the right day. I have 1 bag of fabric for the fabric swap this weekend...which means I've purged what - SIX bags of stuff.*
i use my pockets for bloomin.
that's 60% to my arbitrary goal. Not bad for one week! Maybe i should do ten bags a month? hahahhahahhahahah...ok moving on.

one day i'll photgraph it in the light so you can see it SHINE. 
Now i'm editing what's still in my wardrobe. I got Laurel happy this year and made 3. this one i made with all the frumpy options- long sleeves, heavier fabric, hmph.

silky satin binding? that's POSH.
  So I shortened the sleeves and took it in 2 inches in the back. LOVE IT. gold!!!! METALLIC LINEN WINS.

this dress is...still an experiment. (it's the ESP dress from Decades of Style). There are like NO reviews online. That is a bad sign.
I did my standard "take it in 2 inches in the back" again and it fits...but it's not my style at all. TBD...
i like how i look like a sleepy doll. zzzz.
This dress was CRAZY but also dumpy.
http://effiesmakeupbox.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html
love this shot. it's not me. it's "effiesmakeupbox". thanks Effie!
I loved the crazy. So I chopped it and now it's a top!


and took it in on the side seams (i bought it at a store but there was only a size bigger than i wanted. I went for it because PEGASUS). Now, happpppily there is a really long leftover piece which needs a home.....

This thing...I dunno.


It feels kinda softball dykey for me. That's not really my style. I took off the collar but it's still kinda funny.
hey, flowers!
I may make the neckline v-necked? dunno.

I copied some great pants that came in the mail but didn't hold up for a test wear. I'll make them in a less saggy fabric and get super snazzy for work.

I made these tops from such beautiful fabric but both  look dumb on me.
cowl = cute, drops LOW
the pattern is in the bin and the fabric is being repurposed (time to try this one out whuuuuutttt)
it doesn't look dumb in the picture somehow. Hmm. 
AND I made unders to replace a few the ones I just shove aside when I'm getting dressed in the morning. love them.

I dunno folks...am i going clear (like this howling pegasus)?? watch out, travolta. 

lets make a deal - don't give me things unless they're flowers. good?
xoxo
bex


* Wait a minute - i also dropped at least 1 extra bag of recycling...does that count too?

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hope you purge some leftover fabric at the swap this weekend, too! Though maybe that's me being selfish, because I definitely benefited last time ;)

Rebecca G said...

there's going to be a whole Oakland swim team of polka dots one day. :)