Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Workout top: Fehr trade XYT top

For a while there I was exercising a lot and didn't have enough tops to wear. 
at least it's not headless ok
So I bought and cut fabric for this pattern, and another one (papercut pneuma if you must know), in black, so that I could wear them with any old bottoms for any old sport.

so cute Y back
Then I got tired. And strep throat. But I am healthy again! So i wore it to play tennis and then to go for a run. I looove it. It's easy to wear! Looks like a cute tank, acts like a sports bra, and came together simply enough with Melissa's great instructions. Woo! 
can you see the gathering fabric/ridges? did i do that?
Notes on construction:  It's VERY supportive/compressive (I might go up a size in the bust next time). I already sized up in the waist and extended the length so it would be more swingy and less tight (as it's designed to be). I might also shorten the straps for yoga or a more modest-ok to bend over style. ;) One weird thing- I blame the tricky elastic adding step (which is a hard one for me, but i'm getting better) left this weird gathering that happened whyyuyy? Around the neck and armholes.
more of the weird gathering tunneling thing. 
Anyway, it's a good, versatile, unique pattern. Get one.
headless tree
And while you're here, do  you know a tennis skirt pattern? I wear the weirdest tennis outfits. Skirts would make them make sense.

xoox
bex

No comments: