Friday, November 14, 2014

perfect pattern parcel #6 and another solid staple for Maman

Every so often, there's a new Perfect Pattern Parcel. It's a group of patterns you buy as a set. you pick your price and the $$ goes to the designers, to the woman/mom/breadwinner who organizes it, and to my favorite organization this career, donors choose!

but often the patterns are kinda frumpy. or for kids. :( We can be real here. We're among friends.
my mom: neither frumpy nor a kid. She is one Classy Lady.
But #6 was for women, and it had the sweatpants. I raged (inside) about all of the internet hubbub when the pattern was released, thinking yich! sloppy! unflattering! with every new version.

And then I bought sweatpants at uniqlo and almost immediately wore them to a wine date in SF. SWEATPANTS. i wanted to off myself for the sake of streetstyle everywhere. I am a victim of a trend, and I like to wear comfy pants, and i teach yoga 2/week and i may as well cave and make some damn sweatpants.

So parcel #6 comes out, and it is: a tent dress with a romanian vibe (non merci), a maxi skirt (easy to do on my own but maybe there are interesting instructions?), a drapey cardigan (YES PLEASE), a cute tee shirt (eh) and the pants. I bought it. Let's say I did it for the children.

So far, I've made a long black skirt for myself (glamorous, gothy, flattering) and a spongy burgundy cardigan for my mom. fuck sweatpants!

(for now)
xoxo
bex

No comments: