Wednesday, May 09, 2012

dear craftsy, i love you.

Dear Craftsy,

Thank you for being awesome when I told you that I enrolled in the wrong course. And even though i printed the pattern and watched a couple of episodes, I was being sincere that DAMN I bought the WRONG course for my sewing level and interests.

So thank you, a million times, for letting me into the Sewing Basics course, without paying all over again, while I let that Gertie jacket founder on my floor. The pieces are literally on my floor; there may be mice living in them. That lovely, brown/black multi-flecked wool is in a giant pile of fabric and pattern pieces, abandoned. I blame K-Line ;) ok not really.

So now i can learn about taking care of my machine, and VERY BASIC fitting stuff (which I obviously need like crazy) and not try to tailor a damn jacket right off the bat.

Here's to quitting things that are wrong for you!
luv
bex

ps Gertie, I also love you! And I really love your notes about interfacing and pattern ease to the max. but that jacket is not my jam, at least not now.

2 comments:

quietandsmalladventures said...

LOL good to know craftsy is so forgiving, buying the wrong course is something i would do!!

Rebecca G said...

Right? they're so nice and cool, and the classes are right on target..if you can be honest about what you need ;)