Friday, July 09, 2010

good and bad and sweet for today

Start with good
No strangers yelled at me!
I talked with THREE members of my family and tentatively planned a getaway.
When my attorney's on vacation, she's not charging me fees (I hope)
Rishi's shoes came home!

In the bad
I'm scared about health care
It's been a while and I could use some sex

Let's close the day with a cute kid story.
We have a library book called More More More Said the Baby. I thought it would be fun because the peanut can sign "more"...though now he's starting to say, too..."moh".

One of the characters in this lovely book is Little Pumpkin. She's my favorite because she's in a mixed race home (how could i not love her brown skin and white granny?)...but Rishi is concerned more with her footwear.

Through the course of events in the book, Little Pumpkin loses one shoe

and then another.

When Rishi first realized this, he commented "oh no!" and pointed at her shoes on the ground. (This is for a pivotal plot point. But you'll need to get to the library or Pegasus to find out exactly what happens...) Oh no, Little Pumpkin, your cute green sneakers are amiss! We chuckled about it-- oh no! (so cute)...and kept going. But Rishi had just set me up for the real punchline: The next time through, we opened to Little Pumpkin's page and Rishi stopped, pointed at the shoes on her feet, and said, with implicit foreboding, "oh no!".

This kid is a comedic genius.
(smiley Rishi from July 2010)

No comments: