Thursday, November 11, 2010

I cooked again!

last week was kind of epic, what with the giant chard and the quiche for the mountains, and then the delicious vegetable stew i conjured from a bag of raw vegetables, a steak knife, and a camp stove. so when i came back i was lethargic about food. i wanted to be in the mountains, harvesting chestnuts and watching the clouds.

So the girls cam over and made this confusing but yummy Tourte de Blettes, (which includes a crust with no butter- whoa - and was totally good??) The kitchen was a wreck and the one leftover slice of dessert-for-dinner wasn't calling to me.

But I finished the last of my homemade granola early in the week when I couldn't be bothered to cook anything for dinner...and then the potato chips (please don't tell) and cheese and hummus were holding out, and then omg did you know you can buy pasta sauce in a jar and it is SO MUCH BETTER than what you (I) make at home? so yes, i caved. this afternoon i stuck apple slices in a grilled cheese, dunked it in leftover pasta sauce and pretended it was a gourmet lunch.

and then i lounged around reading my book all afternoon and didn't even make it to yoga. the odds of the kitchen turning back on looked slim.

BUT I DID IT.

scallions, garlic, canola and sesame oils. half a bag of brown mushrooms, 2 fillets of salmon, some tamari sauce, and sweet red pepper. added bok choy ribs toward the end, leaves even later. put it on a bed of lettuce, and not only am i cooking, I'm eating vegetables again! shoulda bought ginger, but the GroceOut doesn't stock it.

while that was sauteing, i baked brownies. BOOM!

let's hope the boy eats some of it. i think i'll get him to help me with granola in the morning regardless. phew. real food feels so much better than potato chips.

No comments: