i think i found some lesbians in my neighborhood! it's an older, african american neighborhood, and there are lots of guys in big clothes hanging on the corner, and lots of incredibly friendly older people who want to check out the babies, but not so much on the gay tip.
Today the babies and I took our walk early, and in a totally different direction, and we met Lydia and Cheri (Sherry? there are an infinite number of ways to spell that name), who were out gardening. Sheri told me a nutty story about some twins who were born a month apart, and then i asked about their garden. That's when Lydia piped up. Lydia had two dreads hanging in the front of her face, and the rest of her head was shaved. you know what i'm saying: lesbians. Anyway, hallelujah AND it gets better because: Lesbian Gardeners. Thank you jesus.
I walked away with two agapanthus (the same plant i hacked to bits and gleefully ripped out of the garden here, but it's not a water eater, so i'll give it another shot) and a lovely sunshine daisy thing.* She told me the name about 4 times as she fondled the blossom (hehe) and told me to look it up on Annie's Annuals, but I can't remember. Anyway, it's beautiful and I love makin friends with the neighbors.
* update. the daisy is the Ring of Fire. I'll let you fill in the rest.
1 comment:
i like the new look! i wanna follow you on twitter but i guess that means getting an account, huh?
Post a Comment