For instance, On Sunday I discovered that there is central heat in my house.This is astounding, especially considering the dismal state of weatherproofing in these "charming Victorians." On Monday I found the thermostat. It had been set at 48-50, and had occasionally turned on (this is unacceptable to a Texan). I moved it to a tropical 65 and enjoyed a balmy evening. Then at the house meeting last night, the Maine-iacs said they don't believe in heating the house. Fuck them. It was fun to tell them they're wrong, and that heaters are for using. Triumphs 1 & 2.
Then I was reminded of a "friend" (ok, my VERY first girl crush from high school, but who has since turned l-a-m-e) whose boyfriend broke up with her for being "too boring." The worst part? She petitioned for him to take her back, and he did. And so she lives with that every day. That this is not my life is Triumph #3.
What will be #4??
No comments:
Post a Comment