I'm voting for John Kerry. Because I know that corporate america runs on the market regardless of who's in the White House, and because I know better than to believe I'll make a living as a community-based artist under any mainstream candidate, but because there is so much money being spent, and so many lives wasted with this imperialist, condescending 'we must take care of everywhere else [don't mind the kids in the schools, or the people on out own streets] in the world that might ever be a terrorist threat' warmaking. And to slow that devastating process, I'll vote Democrat.
I will also continue to support my local organic farmers, to boycott chain stores that displace local merchants, and to not drink coffee or eat, drink, or buy genetically modified organisms. I will continue to believe that this is not really democracy, and I will be cheered by the numerous, if fractious, factions mobilizing to make this a participatory election. November 2, baby, see you there.
No comments:
Post a Comment