Thursday, June 14, 2012

i miss you!

oh me makers, i miss you. i've had to wean myself off of the blogs so that i can study, but i've still been faithfully making and wearing my lil creations, if at a MUCH slower pace.

On our recent vacation, i whipped up a long sleeved cotton shirt for my little guy when the eastern sun was So Hot. he wore it! he won't wear the Luka Hoodie I sweat over for so many weeks, though. that thing is really cute - not sure what the holdup is. i used two of my organic cotton american apparel sleeping shirts for the lining, so he better wise up!

i wear my lil gathered sundress from pattern runway  all the time, even though it started falling apart in the wash. doh.  it's not my best work, but it's such a nice color and wearable line. i'll do it again, one day...oh and blog it too, i s'pose. gingham ranges got vacation compliments (on the watermelon bias tape, to be specific) and turned out to be a good waterpark cover-up dress too. woo!

i have so much fabric asking to be sewn...maybe august.

until then...look at this number!

This is a summer vacay project: a girl's hoodie of stretch french terry from girlcharlee.com. (Geez, I am pitching that site everywhere. But just cause I just like it!). I thought I might use the terry for myself, but this lil chicken won out. The hoodie pattern is suuuuupper cool- this view has thumb holes in the cuffs! Obviously those were a huge hit. 

Woo!
xo
r

No comments: