i'm damn lucky there's a sewalong going on when i'm trying to make my dream raincoat, the Minoru jacket! I just read three pattern testers reviews and they all raved about how a really good beginner could ace this jacket- but i'm on my way to having a total meltdown about how to install the lining and the collar interfacing/lining. yes! i'm a beginner. I have been sewing for 20+ years, though, so while I don't know the terms as well, i know how to trick things together.
Dear Tasia-
1- I love this jacket- but where the heck is the part where the second piece of the collar gets inserted??
2- Using a mesh, like you thought you might in one of your many iterations, and I chose to do - means the waistband elastic will show. yich! (note to self- do not take on hard fabrics like mesh!!)
but most of all- 3 there need to be WAY MORE drawings of the lining-into-jacket section (boxes 17 and beyond?), and placing that final collar piece, which seems like the part that makes it all come together (is that supposed to be understood in "stitch in the ditch along neck seam"??)...but i'm just guessing, as I need to wait for the sewalong to catch up with me!
i should take photos, eh? my olive coat isn't participating in my dark house...maybe tomorrow!
Dear Tasia -I just reread it again. for the 15th time. this time i got it. i will sew the collar in tomorrow...i think it would have helped if directions in 17 were broken out to indicate what a large amount of sewing that is- the little hook gets more room! and thanks for rolling with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment