I am cooking daily! And taking out the compost almost as often. Go ritual.
I decided I will cook one thing each day. I will not trip about making every meal the most amazing nutritious experience of our lives. I even gave the boy a bite of my cookie today. I think I blew his mind. Sure, dad gives him treats, but Mommy's cookies are 100% off limits. Until today... one bite, no chocolate.
To start my roll, Tuesday I baked some fish. Yesterday I made granola from scratch! (Thanks, Chicken. Side note- is there an Oakland corollary to this awesome P-town community? I am jealous of these crafty women.) Maggie said it was good, but it wasn't as sweet as I'm used to, which meant 1) it's good for the kid! and 2) next time, more sweets. more oil, too, why not! Michael Pollan says you can eat as much junk food as you want, so long as you make it yourself, and that makes sense to me. I will fatten up that granola!
Today i made spaghetti and meatballs! except instead of pasta, i used boiled Eatwell potatoes. THEY ARE SO GOOD. and to sauce up my packaged meatballs, I used a whole bunch of other eatwell stuff: garlic, onion, basil, tomatoes. Solid. The boy ate it up like crazy, commenting "spicy!" about the meatballs, and then downing them. He tried to help me cook by pouring the kettle water into the potato pot. If he had been around 5 hours earlier, when I was boiling the potatoes, he might have been more helpful. ;)
I am tired and I have a headache. I need to drink more water in the day. Right now I'm drinking coffee (just a cup or so) throughout the morning, and then i'm on the go in the afternoon. There's no water in there. Ouch.
Right- so tomorrow! Tomorrow I will try this stew. The chicken is defrosting and the tomatillos are roasting. It should be delicious...
No comments:
Post a Comment