Thursday, January 28, 2010

mama's in the kitchen and on the new computer

this blog serves ME most when i use it for recipes that work. i'm an improvisational cook, but when I'm uninspired i have no idea where to start. I'm going to try and help myself get motivated by posting - and thus remembering - successful kitchen experiments. It's also good for marking moments in time, so I'll be doing that too.

Here's a moment: right now I'm feeling very close to FREEDOM after applying this method to eradicate a mountain of debt. When I called a mortgage broker less than two years ago, i told him "i don't know if a mortgage is possible for me- my debt is about equal to half of my annual income. it's not going anywhere."

but now i'm really close* to paying off all but the student loan portion. WHAT?! (side note- grad school was the worst financial decision i ever made. it did get me to know myself deeply...was it worth the cost? depends on your priorities, i guess.)

what does this mean? it means FREEDOM. it means i can live anywhere and do anything without worrying about paying hundreds of dollars every month for past mistakes. i am excited. about taking trips and donating money and being FREE. or maybe just having a cushion. 2011 is on me.




*as close as my tax refund? we'll see.

No comments: