Continuing last year's strange "everyone handed me a book about India" trek, I've picked this up again. It's 600 pages and it's all about history, so around Christmas I needed something juicier. I'm back into it and love the narrative of Indira Ghandi & partition's effects. Cool. Also, I've learned "Hai Ram" as an exclamation!

Also reading this. The Goldfish really liked it, but I hate it. Nevertheless I feel like it's something important to "have read." Seriously. I HATE this book. but I have a really pretty edition, so that makes the experience sort of better.
Finished this one a couple of weeks ago. I cried. I never cry when I read. I mean, I'm a visual person. But this one Ruled. It tricked me- at first i thought it was ultra post modern mish mash irreverent sort of light fiction, but then it wasn't. Gigantically recommended. also enjoying these, as the garden calls for them:
1 comment:
can i borrow the history of love??
Post a Comment